Monday, December 8, 2008

The Watsons Go to Birmingham 1963

I hate it when a book gets too hyped up for me. It wasn't that I didn't like this books, but I was disappointed because it wasn't what I thought it was going to be. It is a very cute and funny story with a very realistic family. I found myself laughing out loud at many of the parts. With that being said, I thought there was going to be more time spent down in Birmingham. I love historical fiction and I wanted to learn more about how things actually were down there, not just a church bombing. I can see why most of the book doesn't take place there. You fall in love with this family so what happens to them is essentially more important, or meaningful, but I just thought it would be a bigger picture of the way things were in the south. I'm glad I read it though.

No comments: