Saturday, June 27, 2009

Firefly Lane

Since there really is no other way to explain how I feel right now, I must say this is my favorite book I have ever read. I know I will read it again and again. Where do I begin? This book is FULL of life lessons and things to discuss. It would be perfect to do as a book club. I've read other books like this that follow friends through the good and bad times of life. They're actually one of my favorite types of books, but this story blows by far most of them out of the water. I loved how Kristen Hannah showed the passing of time through pop culture, including war/political events and songs/celebs that were popular during those times. No matter which friend you're more like every woman can see themselves in this book. Each memory that was shared wasn't shown just for the purpose of making the book longer, this book is so well crafted and pieced together. I loved how the beginning and the end tied together. This book is why I read!

No comments: