Saturday, January 2, 2010

The Christmas Cookie Club

Still not sure what my final assessment of this book is. Its about 12 women who get together once a year, bring cookies with recipe, and discuss their lives and the cookies all night. Reminds me of my friends with book club and recipe club. This was actually the December pick for my book club. Of course every woman had gone through some different kind of heart ache or obstacle, and we learned in detail about each. Some of the issues were downright scandalous and promoted a lot of discussion during book club. Made us think a lot about the line between our morals and the friendship and love we share for one another. I guess the biggest downfall of this book is that it gives us the background of these women, but the story ends that night. So where they all go is undetermined. Instead of the book coming to a conclusion, it seemed to leave a lot unsaid. There really wasn't an ending for most of the issues- not that there is in life, but too much was left up in the air for me.

No comments: