Tuesday, June 15, 2010

If I Stay

If I Stayed is an absolute gem of a book. It is about a girl who is in a devastating car crash along with her parents and younger brother. Her parents die on impact, and she is removed from her actual body. She must decide whether to stay on earth, or be with her family. The book goes back and forth between the present, which is her in the hospital having various operations, and her life before, which is mixed in with her love of music, her close-knit relationship with her family, and her true young love. The "young-love-soul-mate" aspect of the book reminded me of the strong connections that Bella and Edward have in Twilight, but this book is much deeper rooted in the other aspects of life. I couldn't believe how quickly I flew through this book.

No comments: