Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Just Ella

Just Ella is the story about what happens to "Cinderella" after she moves to the palace to live "happily ever after." I guess as a child, since I never really thought about Cinderella as an adult, I never considered meeting a prince, dancing with him for one night, and then being in love, and more importantly, living happily ever after to be somewhat of a stretch. That isn't how life happens. Well anyway, let's just say Prince Charming isn't so charming. It fact he is dull and boring. Ella isn't allowed to do anything for herself so she is bored out of her mind. She hates all the rules and the way she is supposed to treat her servants. The real fun begins when Ella realizes she isn't in love with the Prince. The Prince has never not gotten his way- he can't even understand the fact she isn't in love with him. To him love is simply looks.

This book also gives the real story of Cinderella, whose real name is Just Ella. To my disappointment the whole pumpkin turning into a carriage thing didn't happen. There is no such thing as fairy godmothers. And even though I'm an adult and know that, I was a little sad that the author took away that magic. The ending of this book is a cliffhanger- Ella is happy- but as far as the true love part- it isn't there yet. I will defiantly read the next book!

No comments: