Sunday, November 22, 2009

Mr. Maybe

I have had this book for years, and I love Jane Green's books. But for some reason I kept putting this one off. I guess it is because this was the only Jane Green book I haven't read and I love them so much I didn't want them to be over. This book is more similar to her earlier books about young singles making their ways in life. Libby is looking for love and keeps getting hurt over and over again. Then she falls in love with irresponsible Nick, who will not ever be able to provide the kind of life she wants. Then, why is she so heartbroken when they break up. Then she meets the perfect guy. He's filthy rich, spoils her with gifts, and takes her to all the fanciest restaurants. Does it really matter that she doesn't fancy him that much? I think this is a dilemma a lot of girls face. The security of money vs. the freeness of just getting by.

No comments: